Find essential information for travel during strike action
As these are exceptional circumstances, please contact our Customer Service team by completing the contact form. Please do not action any after-sales online.
Can I still book train tickets?
Only trains that are operating are available to book. In the event that a train is cancelled during the strike, you should be able to cancel or postpone your customer’s journey or they should be able to use another train serving their destination on the same day (subject to and dependent on specific after-sale measures for each carrier).
Can I exchange or refund tickets?
As these are exceptional circumstances, revised exchange and refund terms and conditions apply for TGV in France for journeys planned between 2 and 28 June 2018.
Automatic lifting of charges only for trains running on the days of strikes, by periods:
• traffic from Friday 01/06 at 7pm to Monday 04/06 at 8am
• traffic from Wednesday 06/06 at 7pm to Saturday 09/06 at 8am
• traffic from Monday 11/06 at 7pm to Thursday 14/06 at 8am
• traffic from Saturday 16/06 at 7pm to Tuesday 19/06 at 8am
• traffic from Thursday 21/06 at 7pm to Sunday 24/06 at 8am
• traffic from Tuesday 26/06 at 7pm to Friday 29/06 at 8am
You can exchange your ticket or request a refund by contacting our customer services department:
• Use the contact form
• State the nature of your request and provide the booking reference (PNR)
What can I do if my customer wants to travel?
TGV, TGV France-Italy, Intercités, TGV Brussels-France, TGV Lyria, Thalys
Their ticket is valid on any other train on the original date of travel but with no guarantee of a seat.
Travel must be completed under the same conditions as originally booked:
- Same route
- Same class of service
For traffic updates in real time, click here.