The classic French rail service, linking major towns and cities across the country, with 340 Intercité trains serving medium and long-distance routes. Operating day and night, they carry thousands of passengers a day from one region to another.
Intercités by Day
Intercités with seat reservation
The option to reserve a seat enables passengers to select the seating preference that best suits their needs: Solo space in 1st class, Duo Space, Club 4 or 6, spaces dedicated to families…
The seats in 1st class are equipped with cushioned, side-mounted headrests and relaxing footrests and a button located at the side of the seat allows passengers to recline their seat if required. Power sockets are accessible from most seats in 1st class.
2nd class carriages are light and spacious and customers also have individual reading lights available to them.
Luggage racks are available in every carriage.
The service coach consists of three compartments with 6 seats in each, which have been specifically adapted for families. The games space is perfect for keeping children entertained.
Each service space can also welcome up to 4 wheelchair-bound passengers and up to 4 people accompanying them on their trip.
Finally, those wishing to transport their bicycle in the Bicycle Space can do so by reserving a space in advance, either at the station or by telephone. A £10 fee will apply and spaces are limited.
Alternatively use a bike bag.
Passengers travelling in both 1st and 2nd class have access to a trolly service on all trains.
Menu includes: large selection of sandwiches, hot and cold drinks, pre-prepared meals, sweets and chocolate bars.
Intercités by Day - without seat reservations
Some Intercités Day trains don’t require a seat reservation and a less restrictive open ticket can be purchased instead. However, if your customer is due to travel at a peak time of day, they should be advised to reserve a seat for added peace of mind.
- Few or no intermediate stops between midnight and 5h30, so that passengers are not disturbed during the night.
- Convenient timetables
- On-board personnel to welcome passengers aboard and to assist them throughout their journey
- Female-only compartments
- Service Coach : Bicycle Space, Information Point, Vending machines dispensing hot and cold drinks and light snacks
- Bright, welcoming interior decor
- Possibility ro reserve an entire 1st or 2nd class compartment to ensure privacy.
It’s the ideal solution
Intercités overnight trains are the ideal solution for short or medium length breaks : leave in the evening after a day at work or a last-minute dinner with friends your customers will enjoy a good night’s sleep on board before waking in the morning at their destination, ready to make the most of the first day of their trip.
Intercités ‘Pro’ Service
- Maximum flexibility : exchangeable and refundable, Direct Exchange service, ‘Express Pro’ counters in stations
- à la carte services : ‘Pro’ Parking Facility, Train + Car Hire,
- Extra comfort in 1st class : Additional seats, more space, added comfort, privacy
- Access to Grand Voyageur lounges, where customers can work or relax whilst waiting for their train.
Couchette: Compartment containing 4 spacious couchette beds.
Private compartment in 1st class: Passengers travelling alone or in a group or 2 or 3 people can book the whole couchette compartment for themselves.The fare is inclusive.
Couchette: Compartment containing 6 comfortable couchette beds.
Private compartment in 2nd class: It is possible to reserve an entire couchette compartment for your group, however there must be at least 4 fare-paying customers travelling.
- Air-conditioned coach.
- Modern, comfortable seats that can be reclined up to 45°.
- Footrest and adjustable headrest.
|SNCF - Day and Night Trains - Public (NOTES)52.73 KB||52.73 KB|
|SNCF - Day Trains - Public (non-NOTES)58.94 KB||58.94 KB|
|SNCF - Day and Night Trains - Group30.83 KB||30.83 KB|
|Seat map - Intercités by Day (TID-TIB-TIR-CIC-TJB-TJC-TNS-TJA)331.79 KB||331.79 KB|
|Seat map - Intercités by Night (TNA-TNB-TNC-TRC)1.29 MB||1.29 MB|
|Intercités map641.33 KB||641.33 KB|