France Spain high speed
The French and Spanish networks have joined forces to provide the best in high speed.
It’s now possible to enjoy a croissant for breakfast in Paris and a tapas lunch in Barcelona. Thanks to TGV France – Spain High Speed rail services, it’s now quicker than ever before to travel from Paris to Spain by train, with the journey now taking just over 6 hours.
With up to 4 return services a day, Paris and Barcelona have never been closer. France-Spain High Speed services offer spacious seats with head and foot rests and a power socket at seat in Standard Class, whilst opting for First Class gives extra legroom.
And it’s not just Paris to Barcelona; 21 French and Spanish cities are now connected by this high speed service including:
- Lyon – Girona
- Nîmes – Tarragona
- Narbonne- Madrid
- Paris gare de Lyon – Valence TGV – Nîmes – Montpellier St. Roch – Béziers – Sète – Agde – Narbonne – Perpignan – Figueras – Girona – Barcelona Sants.
- Toulouse – Carcassonne – Perpignan – Figueras – Girona – Barcelona Sants.
- Lyon Part Dieu – Valence TGV – Nîmes – Montpellier St. Roch - Narbonne – Perpignan – Figueras – Gérone – Barcelone Sants.
Marseille St. Charles – Aix-en-Provence TGV – Avignon TGV – Nîmes – Montpellier St. Roch – Béziers – Perpignan – Figueras – Gérone – Barcelone Sants – Camp de Tarragona – Zaragoza Delicias – Madrid Puerta de Atocha.
France Spain high speed brings the best rail technology to passengers
Both TGV Euroduplex (SNCF) and S-100 (RENFE) trains operate on this network.
SNCF's TGV Duplex provides the service between Paris and Barcelona.
Each train consists of 8 carriages on 2 decks providing 509 seats:
- 3 First class carriages (181 seats),
- 4 Standard class carriages (328 seats),
- Onboard bar buffet carriage and a mobile bar
- Electric sockets in First and Standard class
- 2 spaces for passengers with reduced mobility.
On board, TGV EuroDuplex provides the highest level of comfort with modern design, original shapes and colours, ergonomic and spacious seats, reclining and equipped with foot rests and tables.
First class offers maximum comfort, with more spacious, reclining seats and quiet compartments.
Several types of seating is available in First class:
- Separate solo: separate window seat
- Duo facing: 2 facing seats
- Duo side by side: 2 side by side seats
- Club Quatre: 4 facing seats
- 2 seats for people with reduced mobility
Simple, convivial and always comfortable, Second class is suitable for all types of passengers, including families.
Several types of seating is available in are proposed in Second class:
- Espace Carré: 4 facing seats with folding table (for 3 or 4 passengers).
- Espace Famille: 4 facing seats with height-controllable seat and folding table (for 3 or 4 passengers). Nursery nearby
- Duo side by side: 2 side by side seats
Passengers, whether in 1st or 2nd class, can choose from window or aisle seats. As the TGV EuroDuplex has an upper floor, the passenger can also choose from being seated "upstairs" or "downstairs".
A strong focus has been placed on the information systems for passengers:
- Exterior screens placed near each access door make reading the number of the carriages, the train and the destination easier.
- In the carriages, screens show the different stations and destination in several languages, as well as the information on the journey, such as the time, the geolocalisation and the instant speed of the train.
.TGV EuroDuplex is equipped with electric sockets in both classes.
High speed S-100 trains operated by Renfe-SNCF en Coopération provide the services between Toulouse and Barcelona, Lyon and Barcelona, and between Marseille, Barcelona and Madrid.
Each train consists of 8 carriages providing a total of 347 seats:
- 2 1st class / Preferente carriages (72 places) including the space « Salon Club » isolated at the end of carriage 1, with 8 facing seats and PC connectivity on the screens,
- 5 2nd class carriages / Turista (267 seats),
- 1 Buffet carriage and a Mobile bar
- Electric socket at each seat in 1st class / Preferente and 2nd class / Turista,
- 2 places for people with reduced mobility in 2nd class / Turista carriage.
The interior of the S-100 provides exceptional comfort: wooden parquet, softly lit ambience, 1st class seats in leather and screens for film projection and audio channels throughout the train.
A maximum of services
- All the usual station services proposed to RENFE and SNCF customers,
- There are VIP lounges in all Spanish stations expect Figuères (1st class / Preferente),
- There is a bar / buffet coach and a trolley service,
- Mixed French-Spanish board staff,
- Audio announcements and visual information in several languages,
- RENFE and SNCF assistance in case of disturbances,
- Specific after sale terms for the international offer,
- Assistance to passengers with reduced mobility on all the services (Atendo for RENFE and Accès Plus for SNCF).
- Luggage: Handbags, suitcases and rucksacks are accepted. With a maximum of 3 items in total, each no bigger than 85 x 55 x 35cm. The total length of the 3 items must not exceed 290cm in length and must not weigh more than 25kg.
- Domestic animals: One domestic animal per passenger, a ticket is required for the animal in question. Only dogs, cats, ferrets and birds (exclusions apply) are able to travel. Animals must weigh less than 10kg and must travel in a cage no bigger than 60 X 35 x 35 cm which must be equipped to collect any droppings.
- Travelling with children: Children aged under 4 can travel for free by sharing the seat of a paying adult. Those aged under 14 can benefit from a 40% discount on the Flexi or Essential fare available at the time. Minors who are travelling without their parents need to travel with their passport and authorisation from their parent or guardian. All seats have a small table and each coach has a toilet. Most toilets have changing tables (*). (*) Changing tables: Available in all of the toilets on AVE S-100 trains and in the toilets in coaches 7 or 17 on TGV Duplex/Euroduplex trains.
Fares to suit everybody
This fare range will be simple and based on the choice of flexibility. It applies in the same way to the two proposed comfort classes: 1st class / Preferente and 2nd class / Turista.
The Flexi fare, exchangeable and refundable without fee up to 48 hours prior to the train's departure. From 48h and up to the train's departure time, 10% fee. Non-exchangeable and non-refundable after departure.
The Essential fare, exchangeable and refundable with 25% fee up to 7 hours prior to the train's departure time. From 7 days prior to the departure and up to the train's departure time, 50% fee. Non-exchangeable and non-refundable after departure.
The Promo fare will be available in limited quantities on specific routes.
Other specific fares are also available: group travel, international Pass holders …