European winter trains...On Sale Now!
Book early to grab the best fares!
It's that time again when the nights are drawing in and thoughts are turning to winter holidays and festive fun. Whether it's a family skiing trip, a weekend exploring Christmas markets or a European city break, the train is the perfect way to reach the Continent this winter.
Tickets are on sale now for travel by train in France and beyond from 10 December 2017 onwards. This period includes the Christmas and New Year holidays and the start of the 2018 ski season. As this is one of the most popular times of the year to travel it is advisable to book early to avoid disappointment and to get the very best prices.
Details per rail carrier:
- SNCF French Domestic Trains: French domestic services up to and including the 12 January 2018 are on sale now. A rolling booking horizon* of 3 months applies.
Then, from 7 November 2017 it will be possible to book up to and including the 12 March 2018 inclusive, a key period for ski holidays. A rolling booking horizon of 3 months will then apply once more.
- Auto/Train: French Auto/Train services for travel between 10 December 2017 and 10 April 2018 inclusive are now on sale.
- TGV Lyria (France <> Switzerland): A rolling booking horizon of 4 months now applies.
- TGV France - Italy: A rolling booking horizon of 4 months now applies.
- France - Spain High Speed: A rolling booking horizon of 119 days now applies.
- TGV/ICE France - Germany: A rolling booking horizon of 6 months now applies.
- TGV France <> Luxembourg, TGV Brussels <> Provinces and TGV France <> Freiburg: It's currently possible to book these services up to and including the 12 January 2018. A rolling booking horizon of 3 months applies.
Thalys (Trains operating between France, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany): These services currently have a rolling booking horizon of 3 months but on 20 October sales will open for travel up to and including 20 February 2018. A rolling booking horizon of 4 months will then apply.
To Paris, Lille, Brussels, Calais: 180 days rolling booking horizon.
To Lyon/Avignon/Marseille (direct): Between 150 and 280 days in advance, depending on when the booking is made.
To Disneyland Paris: Trains can currently be booked up to and including 26 August 2018. A rolling booking horizon of approximately 327 days currently applies to Eurostar direct services to Disneyland.
To Moutiers, Aime la Plagne and Bourg St Maurice (direct): Entire season timetable can now be booked for travel between December 2017 and April 2018.
DB (German Rail): A rolling booking horizon of 180 days usually applies to DB trains, although at the moment it's only possible to book up to and including the 9 December 2017. Rail services for travel from 10 December onwards should open around the 17 October 2017.
NTV Italo: Trains within Italy can currently be booked up to and including 10 January 2018.
RENFE (Spanish Rail): High speed AVE services usually open about 90 days in advance and other Spanish rail services open 60 days in advance. This is not always the case however and on occasion trains may not open until a few days/weeks before departure.
If you have any questions at all on the above, please feel free to drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* A 'rolling booking horizon' means that for example if today it's possible to book up to the 7 November, tomorrow it will be possible to book up to the 8th November and so on.